Monday 21 April 2008

Shore Leave

So it's been a busy weekend, apart from working in the shop on Saturday I was out in Hackney on Friday night and Whitechapel on Saturday night. Friday was 'Girls Can't DJ' hosted by Heather and Gemma AKA London Loves. They proved that girls can in fact DJ, as I recalled when leaving at the sensible time of 2.30am while my friends danced to Britney's 'Piece of Me'. Oh well, some of us have to work.

Saturday night was spent at The George Tavern, at Shore Leave. Hosted by Trixie Malicious and friends (incidentally she also appears in my last blog), it was a night of rum-swilling and ass-shaking: SHORE LEAVE is a night for love-sick sailor boys and girls, world weary sea-pilots, stowaways, jazz heads, immigrants and lovers. All under the roof of the George Tavern on Commercial Road, tales of the sea and strange foreign ports will be told, with Rockabilly, Jazz, fucked up Sea Shanty’s and chanson from far flung ports. Here is some photographic evidence:





1 comment:

Zackary McKraken said...

Hope you enjoyed yourself good lady.

I remember having fun that night myself so i did.

xx

McKraken